Thursday, March 18, 2010

Helen The Bargain Hunter

So here I am again - blog, I almost told you to go to hell, but sometimes blogging is a good release.  Like I've said before, dear reader/follower, if you don't want to read my blog and you think that you have the right to be critical and pass comments, pick a finger and tell someone who cares.  With that out of the way, let me tell you my latest story!

About 2 weeks ago my hairdryer started giving me shit.  It started getting really really hot and making a weird vibrating, metallic noise.  As usual, I thought I'll get there eventually (if it's not clothes or make-up, it really doesn't take priority!!) and buy a new one whenever.  Anyway, this morning it made a noise like an explosion and didn't want to switch off, ha ha ha!!!

I am quite sure that I've mentioned before that I wash my hair every single day without fail.  I will not leave the house if I haven't washed my hair.  It's really long and there's plenty of it and it's a real pain to wash and dry every day, but I am a smoker and there is no way in hell that I'll go out in the morning having scrubbed every other square inch of myself...but not my head/hair, feeling like an olie-bollie with hair smelling of smoke...or last night's dinner!  DISGUSTING!!!  Sis!!!!!

So anyway, off I go to The Grove shopping mall http://www.thegrovemall.co.za/ - very nice newish centre down the road from where I live, open til late!!!

Usually, I am not the type that hunts for bargains, but today I just got hit from all sides with the bargains!!  I had R120 worth of cash-back vouchers from Clicks http://www.clicks.co.za/clicks/Index.aspx.  I saw the dye was on special - R15 off per box, so I bought 2 (save R30), the shampoo and conditioner I use (Gliss - divine!!) was on special so I bought one of each (save R20) and the hairdryer was on special (save R50), so I saved R100 and got R120 off with my vouchers!!  What a great deal!  So, I saved myself R220 today - good for me!!

Again it bacame clear to me that the only way that you can go shopping for bargains and find them consistently is to be in the shops constantly so that you know which bargains are coming up and keep your eye on that ridiculously high-priced item and wait until the price comes down and you can afford it without feeling guilty!!!!

Thought for the day:  "It is really easy to stop smoking - I've done it a thousand times."  Mark Twain.  Mark, yes, you speak the truth...

Enjoy your shopping, see you at the mall!

No comments:

Post a Comment