Sunday, October 4, 2009

What a weekend!

So after doing the family thing and the extended-family thing on Friday night and Saturday, this morning I woke up, looked outiside at the miserable, grey sky and thought, "PERFECT weather for a marathon shopping session", and guess what - I was right (who knew)!!  What a great shopping spree!  Pity so much of it was food though - food shopping isn't something that I consider to be real shopping at all.  "Shopping" talks to clothes, shoes, accessories, cosmetics, etc, not food!  However, it was fun as I've rediscovered my "chef" side (please don't laugh, I know you want to, but I go through these phases every so often and I'd just appreciate it if you humour me please?  Thanks.) and so I ended up buying a ridiculous amount of ingredients for breakfast/lunch/dinner for the next few days...and it was actually a lot of fun!  Perhaps it's just spending money that does it for me...?  Now I just have to hope that my inner-chef doesn't disappear, otherwise I have wasted a lot of money...

So anyway, please don't for one second think that food is all that I bought.  I bought more baby clothes for yet another preggy friend (not considered real shopping either) and then I stumbled across this ridiculous situation!   Thinking about this actually brings me to a question - so if you've been reading my blogs on a regular basis (just follow me for crying out loud - really you may), you'll have read that I only really wear black (no, I'm not a goth or a witch - although some would differ - I like black, it goes well with all of the other black stuff in my cupboard).  So it is really, really very annoying when I feel forced to purchase other coloured items of clothing along with the black ones because...the coloured ones are either on sale or cheaper to start with??!?!?!?  WTF???  When did this start happening??!?!?!?!  So today I bought a (very nice I should just say) blue boob-tube top with all the Grecian-looking draping that's "so hot right now" (thanks Paris for that gem), and then I took the black one too without checking the price (so not me to buy anything but black at all, but once I saw that the blue one was such a good price, silly me, I never imagined that the black one wouldn't be the same price), only to discover when I reached the counter that the blue one was 40% cheaper than the black one!  For goodness sake!  Anyone?  A hint at why this could be?  Well, true to form I took both anyway of course, but that isn't the point, is it?  No.  It isn't.

So, I should just add that, Liam Whatshisname from the UK, whatever your surname is, who's been whingeing and crying about the TV licensing thing, blah, blah, blah; once I figure out how to remove myself from being a "follower" of your blog, you can get stuffed boy.  You broke a promise, not that you should necessarily keep it as I don't know you from a bar of soap, but simply because you said you would and you didn't, and one day if you do, you'll know what I'm going on about and then you may respond with a stinky comment on this post - feel free, but in the meantime, screw you!!!  Ha ha ha!!!

Until next time ladies and gents and completely unfaithful and disloyal non-"followers";
SHOP LIKE IT'S GOING OUT OF FASHION!!

No comments:

Post a Comment