Friday, September 25, 2009

The cold weather is crappy...perfect weather for eating!

So today all I am buying is soup from Ninos in Hillcrest.  They make the best soup ever, butternut or mushroom, either one is absolutely divine!  The service can do with a bit of jacking up - you know, you walk in and within a moment or two you're surprised to find that somewhere between the last time you looked in the mirror and the moment that you stepped through the door of Ninos you became invisible and the staff of Ninos look straight through you...but so what, it's worth putting up with for the soup!!!!!  YEAH BABY, SOUP FOR LUNCH!!!!


I love working on a day like today, directly after a public holiday, just before a weekend and in school holidays - people think if they take leave they're so clever and it's such a nice break - what were they thinking?  It's not!  It's a break when things are mad and you need to take the time off before you burn out or just plain go insane!!  I'm having a great day catching up on the things I usually don't have make time for - just what I needed!!


WOO HOO!!!!  It's almost weekend, and on Wednesday it's payday - can't wait!  5 more sleeps!


Things to do this weekend:

  1. Get to Edgars/Truworths (what the hell; both) and take full advantage of the Estee Lauder http://www.esteelauder.co.za/ and Elizabeth Arden http://www.elizabetharden.co.za/ specials, oh yes.


  2. Cut the boys' hair.  Apparently once it's half a centimetre too long and they look in the mirror, they don't see themselves, they see sheep (??!?!?!), okay, whatever, bring on the clippers, baa baa black sheep and bleat bleat blonde sheep.


  3. Hire a dvd.  I don't see anything of interest that's showing at the movies, so I want to get a dvd.  Good plan.


  4. Visit my friend in her new house - buy her a plant or something...have a drink or two...let her give my child lots of attention so that I can pretend for a few hours that I am child-free.


  5. Catch up on some reading - I bought a Jonathan Kellerman and a Robin Cook a few days ago (if you love reading, you MUST MUST!!) and they call me loudly every time I go to bed - but at 1:30am I just tell them to SHOVE IT.  Must make a plan and get reading.


  6. Phone little sister and phone big sister and thank them for the presents they sent for Liam's birthday, which, thanks so much to SAPO - loyal and faithful, not to mention reliable - who were on strike, were 3 weeks late, but whatever - better late than never, and they were lovely presents and this time, unlike last, there were not empty chocolate boxes in the parcels and a sticker on the outside saying "found opened by SAPO and resealed", so let me not complain too loudly - it could've been worse!!!

Guys, til next time, shop til you drop and...party til you fall, it's been a long month and you really should!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment