Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday Shopping in a Brand New Mall

Firstly I should introduce myself. My name is Helen and I'm a Shopaholic. Interesting; people ask why I smoke as I don't seem to have an addictive personality. Those people just get the smile. Those who know me well would roll their eyes at that statement and think how ridiculous it is. Sure. Not only am I addicted to shopping and smoking, I'm also addicted to magazines (I'm a complete junkie) and to reading and writing. So that, in a nutshell is me. The rest is interesting, yet not particularly applicable. You'll find out more as we go on I'm sure, whether or not you wanted to.

Why do I love to shop? Well, I love nice things, I love clothes...oh, who am I fooling??!! I love to spend money and I enjoy the thrill of having new things in my cupboard that I actually couldn't really entirely afford. Yes. Sad, but true.

Why do I love magazines? I suppose I'm a bit of a glamour-puss and a total kugel. Yes. Oh, and it ties in with my love of reading. I'll reading anything except soppy romances and science-fiction.

Why do I love to write? Well, I'm not a very big talker (although msny would disagree), yet I have a serious gossip-monger inside of me impatiently waiting to escape. It can't and mustn't happen, so my outlet is writing. Read it, don't read it. Do I care? Not at all. Sorry for you, but this blog isn't about you, it's about me. That said, popularity wouldn't be a bad thing. I have a million, trillion stories in my head and in my heart, and you get to read about them all. Or not.

So let's get down to the real business at hand...

You've gotta love it. No, really! A brand new mall, a wallet full of notes and a head full of specials from the numerous magazines to which I am addicted. This is heaven for me. So what do I do, I go to the Chinese shop :) and buy a pair of shoes that I'm sorry I bought. That's the one thing about impulse buying. They are extremly pointy (as are at least 60% of my shoes) and black (as are 100% of my shoes) with very thin high heels (80% of my shoes). They look like cockroach killers, they make people stare and they are truly uncomfortable. Yes, at some point I also thought that these were pre-requisites for the perfect shoe, but after wearing them all day with a grimace on my face and bleeding blisters on my toes, I changed my mind.

So I also bought a really bright green liquid eyeliner, eyeshadow and pencil liner from Clicks that I didn't need at all but just couldn't resist. Well worth the time spent and a good shopping spree all around I'd say. Especially as I also stopped at Woolies and Edgars on the way back to the car as well as Identity where I spent more money that I don't have on clothes and a very cool ring.  You should have a look - their underwear and jewellery is generally well-priced and different.  Now, if you want to spend real money and get something really awesome, Jenna Clifford is the place to go - just have a look at her amazing designs - to die for!!!  http://www.jennaclifford.com/ I treasure my JC items...
Til next time, shop like it's going out of fashion!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment